Thinking we had a window of opportunity to get our biking in before the rains came, we loaded up and were on the road to Catamount at 8:30am. It started sprinkling on the way, but a little rain never hurt anyone, so we were still hopeful. However, as we prepared to get on our bikes, the thunder hit and shut us down. With that, it was back to the vans, and back to GMVS.
At school, the gym was nice and dry so we decided to dance. This group has rhythm! We added some moves for this week including, “Flight Attendant,” “Fishing,” “CPR” and “Rodeo”.
After lunch we had our daily notebook meeting and today’s topic was Sports Psychology. Lots of stories about races where distractions took the campers out of their zone.
Then it was time for the 2nd rotation of cooking, climbing and Capturing. Coaches Andrew and Jena added a physioball core workout to the Capture game.
After that we decided it was time to get outside and enjoy the rain. It was soccer tournament time. We had two games going, and needless to say, there was a lot of slipping and sliding going on. Even so, you could tell there was a lot of talent on the field.
After crowning the champions, coached by Matt, we kept it going outside with a full campus Capture the Flag. Boys against girls, and this time the boys won 2-1. Awesome action. All the coaches played and I can tell you I am personally wiped. I will be sore tomorrow.
Tonight’s dinner was excellent chicken and pasta, with a salad as always. We had watermelon for dessert. Following dinner was our last rotation of climbing, cooking & games.
Some highlights from today:
- Fun van ride with 11 young ladies singing every song on the radio by heart.
- Seeing 44 campers do the “Pencil Sharpener” dance move in unison.
- Watching Morgan, Ava, Emily, Alita, Maddie and coach Colin diving and splashing in a huge rain puddle after Capture the Flag.
- Hearing that Eva Shaw, while cleaning her armoire, somehow got stuck inside the shelves and had to be rescued by Kelley & Kara.
- Eating the Black Bean Brownies after our nightly dorm meeting, yes… black beans. Yum.
Hoping it will stop raining at some point.